Monday, July 11, 2011

Update and Final Thoughts

Update

While in Ghana I was able to meet with a Delta pilot who offered to bring books from the US on his flights into Accra. Before my departure I met with Jay and collected the first set of books. The books were taken to Equafo by a couple of volunteers that I was working with and the library was opened.


Final Thoughts

I just want to thank everyone who made this trip possible for me. It was definitely a life changing experience and I learned more than I could ever imagine. It is an amazing feeling to be able to be able to let go of all thoughts and expectations and step into a new environment. I learned the importance in seeing things from a different perspective and how damaging it can be to make assumptions. My goal was to make a difference but I didn’t realize what an amazing learning opportunity this would be for me. I had the opportunity do things I did not think would be possible and meet amazing people with so much worldly knowledge and experience. My experience has made me think about my life in a new way, and I hope that I will be able to make this a part of my life forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment